The Research Centre archive contains documents dealing with the region’s community, social and family history. It includes a large photographic collection, as well as books, manuscripts, maps and other printed materials:
- 4,000 files on people, places, and subjects
- 16,000 photographs and portraits
- audio files, including oral histories
- indexes of land grants
- electoral rolls
- personal diaries
- indexed obituaries and funeral notices
- birth, death and marriage indexes
- NSW Government Gazettes from 1878 to 1900
- family histories
- a large reference library
For information on how to access these collections, see Research.
If you or a member of your family have stories on an important part of our region’s past and you would like to contribute to our oral history collection, you could participate in “Putting Your Voice On the Record: Oral History Project”. All you need is access to a smart phone. Interested? Go to our form for more information on what to do and how to get involved.